RGBA REC LEAGUE
BALLERS (ages 5,6) AND HOOPERS (ages 7, 8)
LET THE FUN BEGIN!
Now’s the opportunity for your child to experience the “fun” in fundamentals while learning the game of basketball! Our youth rec league is an instructional league that will help your child learn the basics of basketball in a fun and exciting way.
Your child's development is our focus, and we have designed our winter rec league with this in mind. Our professional coaching staff will work with your child on the fundamental skills of the game like dribbling, shooting, passing and man-to-man defense. Sign up this winter and be a part of the action at the Ronnie Grandison Basketball Academy!
SESSION 1 STARTS: NOVEMBER 1ST
SESSION 2 STARTS: JANUARY 10TH
REC LEAGUE INFORMATION
WHO IS THE REC LEAGUE FOR?
The Rec League is for players that participate in our Ballers (ages 5, 6) and Hoopers (ages 7, 8) classes.
WHEN DOES THE REC LEAGUE START?
Session 1 starts: November 8th
Session 2 starts: January 10th
The class sessions start October 26th and January 4th respectively. You must be registered in a class to participate in the Rec League.
HOW MUCH DOES REC LEAGUE COST?
The cost for the Rec League is $75. This is in addition to the cost of the class for the session.
HOW DO I SIGN MY CHILD UP?
1. Your child must be enrolled in a RGBA CLASS. We use these classes as a “practice” for the games. We offer classes five days a week, so check out this link for our class schedules and enrollment fees.
2. After enrolling in a RGBA class, you can then register for the youth rec league. The league costs $75 for the session in addition to the class fee ($40 if you already own a RGB jersey and shorts). These fees cover the cost of a game jersey, shorts and admin/coaches fees.
HOW MANY PRACTICES/GAMES WILL MY CHILD HAVE ?
Your child must be enrolled in a RGB Class in order to participate, so signing up for one class a week will give you 8 practices and 6 games over the two month period.
WHEN ARE THE GAMES PLAYED?
Games are played on Sunday afternoons between 12noon-6pm.
RGSA SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
The health and safety of our family, staff and guests is our top priority, and we have made updates to our facility, adjustment to our programming and changes to our process to provide the best environment possible for everyone. A large part of keeping our RGSA family safe includes adjusting some guidelines to enter the facility and participate in programming. Below are some of the RGBA Rec League requirements for participation.
1. Please keep your child home if they show signs of sickness. Players will be temperature checked before games. Coaches must adhere to daily symptom and temperature checks.
2. Face coverings must be wore at all times for spectators. Players can wear face coverings when entering the building and when seated on the bench but are not required to play with a face covering. Coaches are required to wear face mask at all times.
3. We are only going to allow one parent per player to view the games. Children are allowed. We understand that this is an inconvenience but we do not have enough seating capacity to properly social distance with additional spectators.
We will send out additional measures before the start of the league.